Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Green Nail Wheel Comparison

Hello all! Tomorrow is my official school orientation and I am N-E-R-V-O-U-S. Ugh! I think my NOTD for tomorrow may be RBL Scrangie for some extra confidence and something pretty to look at. :)

Now, before the nail wheel, I have some thoughts I wanted to share. As you know, I recently got married and I have decided to change my last name to his. Many of my feminist friends find this decision to be wrong, which led me to question why? The reason I'm changing my last name is not because I feel I have to but because I personally detest the last name I was born with. I associate my maiden name with some very negative family experiences and I'm ready to give it up.

So does this make me a bad feminist? Does indulging in activities or actions traditionally associated with being a submissive female, even if done for different reasons, make a female a "bad" feminist?

If it does in this case then I guess I just don't care. I'd rather share my last name with a man that I love rather than a family member who caused me an inordinate amount of pain.

Now on to cheerier things!

This nail wheel represents the more recent greens on the market.

(CLICK on the picture to make it larger!)


(Sorry for the blurriness in the lower left corner...there was a smudge on my camera lens.)

As you can see, each color is different. If you're not a nail polish addict like me, you might not need all of them. Hopefully this will help you make some decisions about which ones to buy!! If you have any specific questions leave a comment and I'll try to get back to you asap!

Some other recent green nail polishes that I do not yet have are:

BB Couture Poison Ivy
MAC Beyond Jealous
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Blackboard

I hope to get these soon and add them to the wheel!

Thanks so much for reading and don't forget to enter the BB Couture for Men giveaway!! :)