Monday, August 31, 2009

An overactive conscience + Lippmann... raffle-esque deal (?)

Before I post about the Lippmann non-deal, I just wanted to say quickly that for my part, unless I indicate a relationship between a retailer and this blog specifically, the sales I post up are ones that I hear about through Nail Board, email newsletters or have seen on websites that I've been on. I just figure that if you're like me, you're going to be spending money on polishes anyway, so being able to save 10% here or there does help a little bit (though I do wonder if I'd spend anything at all if I didn't know about coupons). That being said...

The most non-sale ever is going on for one day only (September 1st, 2009) at the Lippmann Collection website. If you wanted any of the new releases, including the Celebrate collex, and enjoy the thrill of the luck of the draw, purchase something on this website: one of ten customers will be given a $50 gift certificate. Those are pretty good odds.


You know what else is pretty good? Quite a few of the older Lippmanns for sale for $12 each (+$5 flat shipping) at Hello Gorgeous. A wider selection is available at BeautyBridge (don't forget to sign up for the newsletter for 5% off first orders) for $16 with free shipping on any order. Additionally, BeautyBridge also has a price-matching program: if both Hello Gorgeous and BeautyBridge have the same polish, buy it from BeautyBridge for the free shipping and then email them with the link to Hello Gorgeous within five days of purchase and get the difference refunded.

Also, BeautySak sells a wide selection of Lippmann (including Celebrate collex, Marquee Moon and Don't Tell Mama) for $15 each, free shipping for $50+. And finally, if you're buying a whole huge lot of Lippmann (like, a veritable ton), Nordstrom's has them for the normal price ($16), $5 shipping for orders $50+ (with code: BEAUTY), but you can also get 3% cashback if you have an ebates account.

Ahh, comparison shopping. Always fun. :)