Tuesday, August 4, 2009

RBL's Spongebob Collex + Franken Fail + Random stuff



I have been obsessed with Rescue Beauty Lounge's Spongebob collection for quite some time. I finally went out and got it last week.

Up until then I had made due by frankening some dupes which were surprisingly close on color but not on finish.

1. Original Set. 2. Frankens



As you can see I got reasonably close on color except for Starfish Patrick. Mine was too pink. But then my finish was completely off. I added too much color to my frankens which meant I had to add a lot of white to soften up the color. Thus all except for Starfish Patrick (where I added only a few drops of white and a few drops of color) were not jelly-ish enough.

Spongebob was easy enough: Any white + SH's InstaDri Lightening + clear
Bikini Bottom: White + Essie's Mesmerize + CG's Celtic Sun and In the Lime Light + clear
Starfish Patrick: I WISH I remembered what I used. It was months and months and months ago. Too bad, considering it was my greatest success. Something tells me Lightening and Essie's Jelly Apple were involved since I frequently franken w/ those colors.


Random Stuff

WARNING TO ALL FRANKENERS!!! Do you use those BBs from Daisy as ballz? Be careful when using those zinc coated evildoers. They have ruined a couple of my older/thicker polishes.



They rusted in a few of my bottles. But they haven't rusted in ALL of the bottles that I have thrown them in. The girls on MUA think it's the bottles that I put nail polish thinner into. So I guess, be careful. Don't use those zinc coated bbs and polish thinner together. They do not play nice.

Beh ruined base coat.


Tip for those of you who have baby stashes.


I have approx 130-200 bottles of polish. Not enough for a dedicated cabinet but they have certainly outgrown my desk drawer. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and picked up three of these boxes. They're great, they're the perfect height for polish and each fits over 50 bottles. Best of all they're $1.99 each (including the lid). Yes that's right. I found a clean and neat solution to my polish problem for 6 bucks.