Monday, September 28, 2009

China Glaze Shooting Stars

Out of all the China Glaze glitters, the one I was most excited about (next to Atlantis) was Shooting Stars. This polish is small holographic glitters and larger iridescent glitter in a clear base... think Fairy Dust plus larger iridescent sparkles.
IMG_1778
This picture best represents the true awesomeness of this polish.

One thing to know about me and polish, I dislike layering... it's VERY rare I buy a polish with layering in mind, so I applied two coats of this polish since my nails were in good enough shape to wear something sheer.
IMG_1807 China Glaze Shooting Stars
Lovely, isn't it?

I got to thinking about the origins of this collection, they were designed for the Japanese market and this is indeed a very japanese looking polish, but I didn't think my manicure looked especially Japanese! So, I decided to break my rule about layering and make some improvements.
IMG_1809
I added a gradient using Maybelline Violet Water on top (a very, very sheer purple).

IMG_1815
The same manicure indoors.

I absolutely adore this manicure, I couldn't even begin to get the beauty of it to show up in pictures!


Speaking of the ChG glitters, are there any that anyone is especially interested in seeing swatched? I have a good portion of the collection.