Sunday, September 6, 2009

A couple of OPI Spain/Espana collection swatches: Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow and Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees

I only picked up a couple of polishes from the OPI Spain/Espana (I don't know what the ascii combination for the n with the tilde and I'm too lazy to look it up but the word without that letter just looks wrong, oh the humanity). All in all, too many typical berry shades and two of the non-berry shades I picked up were slight disappointments.

OPI Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow
Very dark green with slight shimmer. Three coats pictured. Four coats needed.

OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees

Really dark blue, practically black. Shows up as dark shimmery blue in sunlight.

I really should at least learn the ascii combination to the e with the upwards accents because "Pyrenees" looks so wrong without the second e being accented.

One problem I had with both of these polishes: I needed four coats to make them completely even. There were some weird bald patches after three coats. Maybe it's because I swatched these after a long series of swatches -- or maybe I got duds -- but I wasn't too happy with them. Happily, four coats wasn't a burden because the polish was of a nice consistency.

Overall: underwhelmed. They're nice but not special.

Last day to enter the BB Couture for Men giveaway on the upper-right sidebar! :D