Monday, September 14, 2009

Essie Chinchilly & Mink Muffs

The formula on the these two Essie Cuddle with Color polishes was strangely watery and thin. Decently pigmented but still requiring three coats each.

Essie Chinchilly
Light greyed taupe (and ever-so-slightly greenish) creme. An interesting color. It's not a really a grey.

Essie Mink Muffs

Milk chocolate creme in some lights, dark taupe with a purply-mauve-y cast in others. See, I don't like this polish when it's milk chocolate. But when it's the weird shade that I can'tname, I really like it. So I'm a little bit torn on this one.

Final verdict? Thank god Essie's coming up with colors that aren't variations on pink or red. I just about gave up on it until the North Fork collex. And then I re-gave up on it with the overpriced, uninteresting "Hey! You can get a diamond, like a toy in a crackerjack box!" collex. But I had to pick some of these up. Not sure if I regret that or not.