Sunday, September 6, 2009

MAC Dry Martini and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Swamp Thing comparison

I keep on typing "Dirty Martini" when I really mean "Dry Martini". The problem is that I don't usually talk about "dry martinis"; if I'm going to order a martini, it's gonna be a damn dirty martini.

As for MAC Dry Martini, I think I would have loved it if I didn't get OCC Swamp Thing first. I prefer Swamp Thing because it's slightly greener whereas the Dry Martini is slightly more brown. That and it's called Swamp Thing. If the MAC was called Dirty Martini, maybe I would've liked it more.

MAC Dry Martini

From left to right:
OCC Swamp Thing (index, ring)
MAC Dry Martini (middle, pinky)



Really, they are very similar. In terms of application, the MAC was pretty good but the OCC was easier to apply. I needed three coats to get the MAC even but only two for the OCC. MAC seemed to dull pretty quick but OCC stayed glossy. The OCC is $8 and the MAC was $12. On the other hand, MAC does a lot of no-minimum free shipping and OCC does not. Personally, if I had to give away one, it'd be the MAC. However, since there is no one standing next to me with a gun to my head saying, "You must give one away!" I find the fact that they are an uncommon color enough reason to keep both for the time being.
Add Image