Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Eyeko Part I (yes, they finally got here)

So after a month of waiting on them, my Eyekos finally got here! Without any noticeable help from their customer service (I emailed them about six times). With insufficient padding. With one of them nearly empty because the cap was half off. With one of them only half full because another cap was a fourth off. I'm not happy about this. But I'm glad that they're here... finally. I would've never paid full price + shipping for these but I couldn't resist getting all six for the price of two (with shipping from the UK factored in). I'm ignoring the fact that these are pretty small bottles.

(I feel like I'm such a... overly price-conscious compulsive shopper. I care so much about getting a good deal... but in the end, I'm just spending a lot of money.)

Eyeko Hot! Hot! Hot! Saucy Red Nail Polish for Naughty Nails
Va-va-va-voom red creme. Very bright! And very well-named. Two coats, very smooth application.

Eyeko Disco Polish for Nighttime Nails
Glitters are meant for the day; they are meant for sun. They are meant to glitter and sparkle and burn the retina with their brilliance. This was an incredible fine silver glitter. Three coats above, almost totally opaque. One of my favorite silver glitter polishes so far.

Close-up of Disco Polish for Nighttime Nails


And of course, a video of Disco Polish:
Looking at this video, the bottle looks somewhat decently sized. It's not. My hands are smaller than every adult I've ever compared hands with -- and I've actually compared hands with many in search of a hand smaller than mine.

Eyeko Pastel Polish for Nice Nails

Hardest one to apply: three coats, still a bit uneven. Great light blue color with a blue flash, (saving it from chalkiness). It's weird that it's such a basic idea for a color but I don't think I have any dupes for it!

So far, I've been very impressed with the quality of these polishes. Then again, my expectations were extremely low: I figured these would be more cutesy novelty items, their best feature being their packaging. I was wrong: these were generally easy to work with. I would think twice before ordering directly again from Eyeko though.

More Eyekos tomorrow!