Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Nina Ultra Pro NOTD and swatch

I recently discovered Nina Ultra Pro brand the last time I was at Sally's ($3.29 with club membership) and I don't know how I've overlooked it all these years. It's not stunning but it's not overpriced and there seems to be an interesting enough color selection. I picked up a few and have since had a chance to test drive them.

Nina Ultra Pro Like Butta
Ironically, it did not apply "like butta". It was an unspecial yellow creme, which means it was a streaky mess for the first three coats. But it looks nice when it's on and smoothed out.

Nina Ultra Pro Purple X-ing
Shimmery royal purple with multi-sized holo glitter (some fine and some big hex chunks). Very easy to apply and turned out quite smooth on the nail. It was a stunner in the bottle:


Close-up of Purple X-Ing.

Very sparkly and attention-grabbing!

Video of Purple X-ing: