Saturday, October 3, 2009

Some bad photos of a great polish: China Glaze Emerald Sparkle

Oldie but goodie. These photos were taken at night in my kitchen so they're not the best but I loved this too much not to post (I haven't had time to swatch it again in daylight).

China Glaze Emerald Sparkle

I don't know why I let this languish for so long in my untrieds! It's so gorgeous, deep green and glittery from within. Siiiiigh.

I feel like such a perv sometimes. Earlier this week, when I was sitting in on lecture for the class I TA, I found myself checking out everyone's nails. It's not as if I'm staring at... other parts of their bodies -- which would really qualify me for "perv" -- but I still feel weird that I'm casting these surreptitious glances to their fingers. But there's nothing exciting to look at! Mostly bare nails, sometimes painted red. Buncha chipped manis (which doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others). I find myself getting almost annoyed with them though: they are young and carefree and everyone's going to judge them as immature no matter what polish they wear! They have so much more time on their hands! Why are they not wearing glitters, neons, crazy Japanese nail art with flowers and fruits and butterflies and skulls?! ...not that you can't wear crazy nail polish throughout your life (as I plan to do) but older people have to defend their choices more often than young people when it comes to this sort of thing.

Youth. It is truly wasted on the young.