Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Two Nails Inc swatches: Spitalfields and The Serpentine

I have been dying to try Nails Inc polishes for awhile so when I saw a couple on eBay for a reasonable price (and reasonable shipping), I decided, "Hey, why not?"

Kinda wish I kept my money. Maybe these polishes are other peoples' cups o' tea but it ain't mine. They are, without a doubt, beautiful colors and super pigmented, but I found them hard to work with. (It almost felt like they were too pigmented... how weird is that?!)

Nails Inc Spitalfields
This one was a predictable nightmare: yellow, my sin, my soul... or not. Anyway, three coats, hard to get even (for me, other people have great experiences with this brand), and it looked a little too stark against my skin. Three coats.

Nails Inc The Serpentine

More nail polishes should begin with the word "The". This is a gorgeous cobalt blue that leans just slightly purple. Two coats. I thought this was just going to glide onto my nail. Nope, not so much. But on the up, it's more impervious to my usual NOTD tipwear disasters: the above photo is after a day with Diamont.

Truth be told, I'm kind of glad that I didn't like these polishes. They're more than I usually pay for polishes and even more expensive to get shipped to the US. So... yay. A brand lemming down!