Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hard Candy, Part II of III (mostly Mr Wrong and a variation on it)

Hard Candy Mr Wrong


I love this color! It's like a dusty blue-purple-grey shimmer with gold and silver foil! Someone on NB said it looked like SH Opulent Cloud on crack and I'm wont to agree with that. Another hard-to-pin-down color. Three coats, an absolute stunner. There are about seven colors of shimmer in here and they complement each other very well.

Close-up of Mr Wrong

So when I saw Hard Candy Break Up in the bottle, I was super excited:
I knew it wasn't going to be opaque on the nail so I didn't even bother trying it on without layering it over something. So after my above Mr Wrong swatch, I layered Break Up over it:

Hard Candy Mr Wrong with Hard Candy Break Up


REALLY messy. VERY busy. Dizzying. Clashing. Fun but extremely ugly, imo. The opalescent hex glitters do not spread evenly at all on the nail. The above shows three coats of it. Does look a bit like a mermaid's tale, doesn't it? Except one that's been through a blender. With paint.

Close-up of Mr Wrong with Break Up


Video of
Mr Wrong with Break Up