Saturday, December 26, 2009

I'm back - Lancome's Piha Black and Refined Red

Lol actually I've been back for well over a week now but we have quite a healthy backlog of posts on PoP.

I'm back with tons of new polish (30-ish) and a plan to swatch every one.

There will also be a follow up post featuring my naked nails after weeks w/out daily polish.

I'm lucky because not only did I bring home about 15 or so polishes acquired in Bangkok and Vietnam, but I also came home to swap packages, RAOKs, and B-Day gifts waiting for me.

First up, I swapped away a handful polishes (including Illamasqua's DWS - formula FAIL, color fail IMO) to try some Lancomes.

Piha Black

(1 coat)

This is a great and dark charcoal. It is well pigmented and applies easily. This will definitely get a lot of use. This looks like a black base with a fine silver shimmer.

This one is a lot like that Dior Flinty posted a week ago except the silver sparkle is much finer.

Refined Red

(2 coats)

Lol this is what happens when I take photos without flash. The camera turns my skin blue. Insane. Fortunately, the color of the red is fairly true to life. This dried quite quickly. Like most reds of this nature, there's a jellyish quality to it. It's a nice classic, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.