Saturday, January 30, 2010

Essie Body Language: a freak polish for a freak snowstorm!

Sadly I ruined my Laura Mercier Caviar Dreams manicure last night! :( I was making dinner for a friend and chipped it in several places (I was rushing and being extra violent with my poor fingers). Despite my disappointment, it did give me an excuse to repaint my nails! I'm not usually someone who changes their polish every day - I'm more of an 'every 3 to 4 days' kinda gal, but I did feel like something lighter.

We had a snowstorm last night (does not happen often around here...) and I feel like my polish choice reflects the weather - icy, cool, crisp and out-of-the-ordinary! After wearing darks for the last couple weeks it feels somehow cleansing to put this polish on...like jumping into a bed with freshly washed sheets!




Application was good - but then again I'm a big Essie fan. The first coat went on streaky, but the second one cleaned it up no problem. I did notice that as the first coat dried a bit, it seemed to even out considerably. I feel like I had good control of this polish - the brush is the perfect 3-strokes-to-cover the nail size for me. I know many complain about Essie's little brushes, but I seem to get along with them. Once again this is no clean-up because it was about 1am when I did this, but who are we kidding - I hate clean-up and almost never do it anyways.

There is something odd yet wonderful about this colour. It's like the platypus of the nail polish world! It's made up of seemingly random parts thrown together for some sick little experiment, but the end result is kind of adorable in a bizarre way. It looks quite grey indoors, shows more of a lavender cast outdoors, and I think it's just really pretty! Body Language isn't your run-of-the-mill light colour either - there is something decidedly odd about it. Maybe this is RBL Grunge's little sister - a work-appropriate neutral with a little daring edge to it.

All I know is that this little platypus freak has definitely burrowed its way into my heart and into my permanent collection. :)

kittytokaren

P.S. Let me know what you think! Too weird? Would you wear this colour? Does it give me alien hands?