Wednesday, January 27, 2010

In the interest of ruining fewer manis...

I don't know about the rest of you but I have to wash my hair nearly every day or else it starts to feel gross. I'm one of those people who scratches their scalp when they wash their hair; I know, it's so bad for the scalp. And, as it turns out, it's horrible for my nails: there's no better way for me to get tipwear than to wash my hair within six hours of putting on a manicure. Which is why I am loving me some of these thingamajiggies: Marvy Scalp Invigorator/Shampoo Brush.

(Picture ruthlessly stolen from some haircare website.)

Kinda scary lookin', eh? It's made out of soft vinyl and is the size of my palm. I pour some shampoo on my wet hair and basically comb this through my hair. It feels nice, lathers up the shampoo really well and protects my manis from hair-washing-induced tipwear. As far as I can tell, it sells for a couple of bucks online. (It wasn't my idea to buy it at all. My SO actually brought this home. He found it at his parents' house -- his mother picked it up in Las Vegas, I think -- and because his mom didn't like it, he thought we might get some use out of it. And he was right!)

I am exhausted right now. I've just spent the last four hours combing the internet for recent research articles on theory of mind in adults. I don't think it got me anywhere. The search for a new research topic continues.