Saturday, January 16, 2010

Old NOTD: Dior Liquorice

Statement of the obvious: it is hard to find Dior for cheap. This one I got from CosmeticAmerica for about $18.50 (and I think I had a free shipping coupon too). Better than $20 + shipping but it's not really better by that much. :(

Dior Liquorice



Of the four Diors I've tried so far, this is my least favorite in terms of application but probably the color I like best. I love this dark burgundy that comes alive when light hits it. In low light, it just looks like very dark purple: your average vampy shade. But in the sunlight, the burgundy shimmer just pops. The above photo was taken after about 24 hours (with Nubar Nu Nails and Diamont) so there's a little bit of tipwear. This took me three coats to even out. It applied less smoothly than the other three I've tried. Whereas for the other three, I could have gotten away with two coats, Liquorice was a mess until the third coat. The third coat really evened it out. (I was starting to feel stupid for liking Dior polishes so much before the third coat.)