Saturday, January 30, 2010

Old NOTD: No Miss Gainsville Green and layered with China Glaze Doll House, Or: Mani Fail

My love of minty green continues. My love of No Miss pretty much died before it began.

No Miss Gainsville Green


I love the delicate, milky, jelliness of this very light mint green. Unfortunately, this was hell to apply: streaky and sheer until the fifth coat... and gloopy to boot! Not fun at all. But I love the color so much, I've decided to keep it for a bit (usually, adding thinner and Wet N Wild clear works wonders on difficult polishes). I bought a whole bunch of No Miss online and have promptly regretted that decision. (Stay away from the glitters: they are very sparse.) I have other No Miss polishes but after the exceptionally difficult application of this one (and the disappointment of seeing the glitters in person), I don't have much of a desire to try any of them anymore. Still! This one is super pretty, if you have the patience for it.

No Miss Gainsville Green with China Glaze Doll House

This whole experience was just one big mani fail. I wanted Doll House so badly but it really doesn't look that great on me... especially over Gainsville Green. It's large warm pink hex glitters in a clear base with some warm pink microglitter. I love the way this looks in the bottle though.

Right after I put on this mani, I realized that I had a meeting with two of my RAs. Way to look professional, huh? I looked like my nails had caught some sparkly weird pox of a disease.