Friday, February 12, 2010

iNOTD & NOTD - Nfu-Oh Glitter Series 13 & Diamond Cosmetics Don't Teal My Heart Away

***OUR BANNER CONTEST ENDS ONLY TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!! WUTCHU WAITIN FO?***

Flint always posts awesome iNOTDs so I thought I would post mine. Today I am wearing Nfu-Oh's Glitter Series 13.

iNOTD - GS 13

(4 coats)

I actually topped GS 13 with my Soo Nails silver glitter (a fine glitter in a clear base that gets opaque at 3 coats). The photos of GS 13 online seemed a lot cooler. (And I'm always lusting after the ultimate gold.) It seemed perfect... a cool gold with fairly chunky, uniform, silver glitter. Unfortunately, it turned out a bit more yellow than I was expecting, which was pretty bad against my skin. On top of the 4 coats of GS 13 (still wasn't opaque at that - I think this is suppose to be a top coat or something), I put a coat of the silver glitter to bring down the yellow factor. I think it looks pretty!

This photo was taken at my office! Things are a bit slow at the moment, so I thought ah what the hell. You'll also notice that this is quite a flashy mani for the office.

Well me and SFW polishes lasted exactly 8 days. Exactly. And then I said "fuck it" and wore what I wanted. One month in and I'm already doing glitters. Although, yesterday I wore some mattefied Inglot and Nfu-Oh flakies over a dark red and I felt SUPER weird. I wont be doing that again. That was several steps too far.

I broke the SFW seal with Diamond Cosmetics' Don't Teal My Heart Away

(1 coat)

This was ONE coat. ONE!!!! Insane, I've had great experiences with other DC polishes so if any of you under a rock dwellers haven't pulled the trigger on a DC order, DO ITTTTTT.

***OUR BANNER CONTEST ENDS ONLY TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!! WUTCHU WAITIN FO?***