Thursday, February 25, 2010

StrangeBeautiful Volume 2 - Yellows & Browns

I, like Flint, went a little SB happy when Bergdorf offered them up on 30% discount. You may recall that my bff gifted me with Volume 1; I rounded out my collection with 2 and 3.

Like w/ my Volume 1 swatches, I've broken this set up into 2 groups of four each.

I'm not as happy with the colors in Volume compared to the other 2. It's certainly on the strange side of things (which I like) but there isn't enough variety.

Yellow

(2 coats)

Formula is a wee bit thick on this one. This isn't sunshine, banana, or even egg yolk yellow. This yellow seems to have a touch of orange and brown in it. I'd describe it as the yellow in the center of a daisy.

Brown

(2 coats, 1 coat ring)

Omg, I'm loling forever at the color of this. Whyyyyy. Honestly, who would wear this? I imagine this would look even worse on white people. It's a shame really because this has a formula I really like on it; thin, but controllable. It dries shiny, but unfortunately slowly.


Putty 1

(2 coats)

I was sort of annoyed by the next two. They are just. Soclose. Having swatched it, I quite like this color however.

Putty 2

(2 coats)

The formula on this one was shockingly different. Where 1 was thick (like Yellow), 2 is thin (like Brown). This one takes forever to dry. 2 is certainly more chic than 1, but I actually think I like 1 on me a little better. Am I wrong?

I've done a comparison swatch of the 2 Putties from Volume 2 and the putty from Volume 3.

(Index Volume 3 putty, Middle Putty 2, Ring Putty 1)

Lol I think it looks like I've done a very careful ombre mani.