Sunday, March 21, 2010

Geting Minx pedis with Piff at Valley Nails in NYC (watch out: pictures of feet!)

I found Valley through Google and immediately fixated on it as a place to go to get Minx. They do wonderful nail art (check out their website, there are several pages of photos!) so I figured they should be good at Minx, too. I don't believe I was mistaken... :)

The salon itself was really cute and had the most amazing selection of nail polishes to choose from!

I think it's the only salon I've ever been to that isn't overrun with OPI and Essie. The only Essie I saw are those two neon ones... sitting next to the KO Knockout polishes! And check out the gorgeous little lineup of China Glazes! Glitters! Colors!

Pretty polishes, with photo albums of nail art, nail art swatches and Japanese nail art magazines!! :D

But let's look a little bit closer:
TiNS!! (And Zoyas and old CNDs behind them.) I asked. The TiNS were not for sale. :(

Pedicure platform:
The UV lamp is snaked right behind there.

After quite awhile of deliberation, I picked out what I wanted:
These are fingernail sized, I believe, but most people can use the fingernail sizes on their toes too. (I was happy to see that they were cool with mixing and matching.)

Okay, people with serious foot aversions, avert your eyes: here be feet!

After peeling the Minx off of the sheet, the nail tech (I want to say her name is Miko but I'm not sure -- I'm terrible with names) warmed it up under the lamp for a few seconds and started placing it on the toe:

She cut off the really excess excess: she will file off the rest to conform to the shape of my toe (much like what I did with Incoco polishes, actually):
The nail tech had cute acrylic 3D nail art goin' on... I love it when nail techs have their own nails done.

Look! Glass nail file! I don't think I've ever seen a glass nail file at a salon.

Using the nail file to file off the excess Minx from the pinky toe:

Finishing up the left foot with the blue:

Right foot, newly minxed:



Left and right feet the next morning, still awesome. I know most people enjoy the flowers more but I love how metallic the blue looks too. :)

It came out to $68 (not including tip) and depending on how long it lasts, I might just have to do this again sometime. I definitely recommend Valley for those people in New York or are planning to visit New York. Just for the wonderful selection of polishes to use alone. :)

In and out of shoes. (Not my shoes. Mom's shoes. I didn't bring a pair of sandals to NYC because who knew it'd be this hot?)


All dressed up and nowhere to go... except the airport in a few hours.


And bonus pic:
Piff and I probably have the largest and smallest hands on this blog.