Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A mani that just makes me grimace: OPI Creme de Menthe

I wanted this polish SO BAD. I don't have that many HTF lemmings but this is one polish that I just lusted after continuously. The only place I had seen it was eBay for a little less than $40 at Buy It Now. But after months and months and MONTHS of wanting this polish, I decided one night that, to hell with it, I want the polish and I've wanted it for about a year so I'm gonna get it and it's gonna be mine and I don't care what it costs!

So I encouraged eBay scalpers by paying nearly $40 for an old OPI. And now I'm regretting it. See, if it had cost $20, it might've been okay. But for $40 -- the most I've ever paid for a polish -- it had better be all that and a bag of chips. And it wasn't! Lesson learned: never overpay for an HTF again. :( It's not that I don't like this polish: it's simply not worth the amount of money I paid for it.

OPI Creme de Menthe


It's still a pretty polish. It's the color of a grasshopper cocktail with a healthy dose of gold shimmer. But it took four coats to get it to the above opacity... and there's still VNL. It applied sheerly, unevenly and... it feels frosty. I know it's weird to call a polish that doesn't have silver shimmer it "frosty" but it is kinda frosty. And I also hate my mani: the gap is larger than I usually like it to be. (I went a little overboard with the brush and acetone.) Looking at this post is making me cringe: a mani that I don't like with a color that I wasted my money on.