Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Odd NOTD + KOTD: BB Couture Frosty Meadow

Hello all! I've got some pictures today of another green (I'm doing all greens this month in honor of Saint Patrick's Day and McDonald's Shamrock Shakes...yum).

This is 3 coats total of BB Couture Frosty Meadow. Now, I posted these pics on the Nail Board and some of the girls commented that FM looks darker and more opaque on me. There are a few possibilities here. 1) I do tend to use thicker coats, so perhaps that's why it appears darker/more opaque on me. 2) I recently purchased this and perhaps BB Couture tweaked the formula. 3) Maybe my pictures are off and I just can't tell (lol). 4) Maybe I received a "bad" bottle. So I don't know? I guess what I'm saying is that this may not necessarily be THE Frosty Meadow that everyone is used to.

Anyway, here's my left hand (the one you usually see) indoors:


Flash:


THEN less than a day into this lovely mani, I was taking notes on an article and didn't notice my gel ink pen was leaking all over my right hand. It got all over my nails. I tried all the tricks (hairspray, rubbing alcohol) but they didn't work - I mean, the ink was all over my hands. So, I decided to Konad over my right hand using Konad Plate M73.

My right hand (the one you never see since my nails always break on my dominant hand and they are almost always uneven) indoors:


Flash:

Sorry for the mess on my pinky. I didn't even know it was there until seeing these pics! *embarrassed*

So since I only Konaded over my right hand, I kinda feel like I'm wearing a glove only on my right hand. I like it though. I feel edgy. :)

Flash (taken with the assistance of a patient husband):


Thanks for reading!