Friday, April 23, 2010

Desert Island Pick: Essie Jackie Oh My

I've always hesitated to show this polish to you. It's one that I wear all the time and absolutely adore and I was always waiting for when my nails were longer...or the sun was better...or I had a better application...or something...to show her off to her absolute best advantage. But I've decided that enough is enough and it's time to unveil one of my Desert Island polishes! (i.e. If I was stranded on a desert island and could only have a few polishes, this would be one.)

I bring you Essie Jackie Oh My:




Now, she may look like just another pale sheer to you, but this one is really special to me. First, the color: a classic off-white with matching shimmer. I've never bothered doing white tips under this - I don't feel like it needs it. No matter what length my nails are it always seems to work. The shimmer in Jackie Oh My is so subtle, you can barely detect it, but I think it lends to this polish a special refined gleam and glimmer. I tried to capture it here:




Next, the formula: It looks like a pale sheer, but doesn't apply like one. This is the least streaky pale colour I have ever tried, and I think it may be due to the shimmer in the polish. It's amazingly self-leveling as well - you think you see a hint of streakiness? Look away. Look back - perfectly smooth finish! The above was two coats, and did I mention? This is day three of the mani. And it will stay this way for as long as I can stand to keep it on!

This is HG material for me ladies. It's got the holy trinity of polish - sophisticated & elegant colour, streak-free formula, extremely long-lasting. And as an added bonus it has a cute name! My pictures don't even come close to capturing how pretty this one is or doing her any sort of justice, and I feel a little ashamed about it! All I can do is encourage you to try it for yourself if you have the chance - I know this is popular with some of the other Essie-lovers out there as well.

What are your Desert Island Picks? Would you be interested in seeing my complete list?

kittytokaren