Thursday, April 22, 2010

NOTD: Zoya Charla

Hey everyone!! Today's NOTD is Zoya Charla from the recently released Sparkle Collection. Seriously, if you haven't purchased any of the Zoya Sparkles yet, do eeeeet now!!!!!!!!!! You will not regret it.

This is 3 coats plus Zoya Armor topcoat followed by Nubar Diamont and then Barielle Manicure Extender. I used the Zoya Armor topcoat in hopes that it would prevent some chipping due to Diamont (as kind of a barrier I guess). I've had a lot of issues with Zoyas chipping on me - I know the theory presented on All Lacquered Up but I simply can't do without a quick-dry top coat - I would never do manis if not for quick dry topcoats.

So what was the result? Typically, Zoyas last less than 12 hours on me, as in I apply the polish the night before and then it chips the next morning while I'm getting ready for class or work. By using Armor, I extended my polish by 2 days. I was doing a lot of housework and digging (I lost a book I need to use for one of my final papers - eek! - so I spent quite a bit of time tearing my apt. apart looking for it!), so this is groundbreaking for me. Even after the 2 days, all I have is some minimal tipwear. So to those of you who, like me, cannot do without a quick dry topcoat, try using Zoya Armor as a "barrier" between your Zoya polish and your quick dry topcoat!

Sorry for the non-moisturized cuticles - haven't gotten around to it yet on the day that I wore this!

Sunlight:





Shade:


And just for silliness, look what I keep getting distracted by:




How can I pay attention to the words on a page when this lovely is right in my face! My eyes keep drifting over to my nails! :P (The book is Desiring Arabs by Joseph A. Massad, if you're curious).

You can purchase Charla and the Zoya Sparkle collection at artofbeauty.com!

Also, Zoya is resurrecting the Zoya Nail Polish Exchange, which allows you to exchange old (or ugly lol) bottles of nail polish that you no longer want for brand new Zoyas at $3.50 each (they're regularly $7 each). I believe this program starts today, and you should be able to read more about it on Zoya's website (http://www.zoya.com/).

Have a great day!