Wednesday, April 28, 2010

RBL Grunge + Chanel Illusion d'Or

You're going to get sick of seeing swatches of this, I just know it!

I recently acquired Chanel Illusion d'Or and ever since then I've been layering it over anything and everything whenever I get bored with my mani. I thought I'd share with you the results of one such experiment!

Initially, I was wearing RBL Grunge:




On its own, Grunge is fab. It's what I was hoping OPI Tickle My France-y would be (see my post on that business here). Grunge is another one of those, well, grunge-y taupe colours that I love so much. It is quite close to Essie Jazz, but has more of a pink undertone to it, like the dreaded TMF. However in Grunge the pink is less prominent and makes this polish much more wear-able for ladies with my particular skin tone! The formula was awesome and typical RBL - easy to control, flows nicely, and was perfect in two coats.

But then I got bored...so I reached for Chanel Illusion d'Or and these are the results:




And some shots trying to capture how cool this looks in person...you're going to want to click on these to blow them up!:





And just for kicks, Illusion d'Or on its own (my camera didn't want to focus on the glitter!):



This was 3 coats, and is too yellow for me. It will definitely remain a layering polish for me, and a fabulous layering polish at that. I am going to attempt to post swatches of Chanel Illusion d'Or and Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure over several different polish this weekend, so keep your eyes peeled!!

kittytokaren