Thursday, April 8, 2010

This is why my Sally Hansen Insta Dri topcoat isn't my BFF anymore: a ruined MAC Blue India mani (plus a rare EOTD)

Look at all the dumbass bubbles in my beautiful mani! I took this off immediately after I finished applying it: never have I had so many damn bubbles! This topcoat is now consigned to glitter polishes only (because then bubbles are not as visible over glitter).

MAC Blue India
Surprisingly good application for a MAC polish. Gorgeous dark dusty blue creme with a slight teal tinge. Bought it on a whim, still not sure if I love it or not though -- MAC polishes always seem to be too expensive for its quality. I haven't done a wear test with this yet though. I'll do one sometime and if it doesn't chip off within the first 24 hours, I may just keep it.

Haha, my first ever EOTD using something else from the MAC Liberty of London collection. I was trying to coordinate eyeshadow with nail polish (a plan that fell through when I took off my bubbly fail of an NOTD)...
Inner corner: Urban Decay Honey eyeshadow
Outer corner (upper lid): MAC Birds & Berries eyeshadow
Outer corner (lower lid): MAC Azreal Blue pigment
Imju Fiberwig mascara (and no, I don't curl my lashes because I hate the way curled lashes look on me... and they uncurl in less than an hour and then my mascara crumbles with it and then I'm a raccoon with short, thin lashes. The joys of Asian monolid eyes. My eyes are half closed here; when fully open, I don't have a visible eyelid.)

So, I've been thinking about it and instead of posting less in April, I'm going to not do any formal posting for the next 2.5 weeks -- a mini-sabbatical, if you will. School and research are very overwhelming for me right now and keeping up with blogging is starting to feel like "keeping up" rather than something I do for fun. (I'm going to try to stay away from MakeupAlley too since that also distracts me more than I like it to. For the better anyway, I kinda spent a lot of money in the last month and don't need inspiration to spend more.) From now until approximately April 25th, I will be limiting myself to the occasional iNOTD (which I usually do on the bus to and from campus) but I'll not be posting any "real" swatches or NOTDs. Fortunately, there are six other wonderful Polish or Perish bloggers to entertain you all and between them, I'm sure you'll barely notice that I'm gone. :D

Have a nice April everyone! See you soon. :)