Friday, May 14, 2010

Comparison

When I posted Studded a few people asked how it compared to OPI's SSitP Suede.

I just got some nail wheels in the mail so I thought I would try them out.




Left to Right: Zoya Harley (Matte TC), OPI SSitP Suede, Zoya Loredana, MAC Studded, Studded (TC), SSitP (TC), Loredana (TC), Harley (TC)

First, eschewing Zoya Harley: I thought it would be fun to see what it was like as a matte but it doesn't work. Ignore!

I put matte Loredana next to matte Studded and then shiny SSitP next to shiny Studded so you could see how both compare.

Coats:
Loredana - Needs 3 coats.
Studded - Definitely needs 3 coats.
SSitP - If you're clumsy, you need 2 coats.

Dry time:
Loredana - Quick but you need to give yourself a few minutes.
Studded - This takes almost as long to dry as some of my regular polishes! Be careful.
SSitP - Lightning fast!

My favorite matte - Studded.
My favorite shiny - Loredana (it has pretty blue-green shimmer that is just lovely!)

Worst against my warm tone skin - I think Loredana. I think. Not sure.
Best against my warm tone skin - Definitely Studded.

Hope this helps!