Monday, May 24, 2010

A little candy coating: OPI Panda-monium Pink

A friend of mine recently got this colour done as a mani and told me that she loved the 'candy-coating' pastels that are out this spring. To us polish-speakers, she means cremes! But honestly I love the imagery of the candy coating so much, it made me pull the trigger on this polish. I wavered back and forth and back and forth on this one for the longest time! I'm very glad I finally got my hands on it.

OPI Panda-monium Pink:



left bottle: Panda-monium Pink; right bottle: Lucky Lucky Lavender; nails: Panda-monium Pink (weird right?)


Preface: When will it stop raining so I can get a decent picture?!? When????! Incentive to finally build my lightbox I guess...

Panda-monium Pink a really pretty lilac-tinged opaque pink. The colour dries darker than in the bottle - in fact, the colour it dries to is exactly the colour of OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender in the bottle! LLL also dries darker than it appears in the bottle and looks really odd on my tips, but I love it on my toes, and I think this would be a great mani/pedi combo! I've just been into pinks lately. This particular pink makes my skin look tanner without looking like I dipped my fingers in some sort of toxic neon dye. Being cool-toned, I think that the blue-toned pinks flatter me more than the warmer pinks.

The formula on this is...not the awesomest. I was a little disappointed because I felt like the other two Hong Kong Collection polishes that I have (Jade is the New Black & Lucky Lucky Lavender) both had better application - this one was a little streaky and applied like most pastels - a little difficult, a little balding around the cuticles, but was fixed in 3 coats. Just not a joy, but workable. Since I love the colour, I will let it slide.

I do feel like I have a little candy-coating on my nails - like the shell of an M&M! This is everything that I wanted RBL Smitten to be (Smitten was such a fail I didn't even keep it on long enough to take a pic!). I think this colour is perfect for spring - a pastel pink that doesn't look white and washed out.

There are a lot of pastel cremes out there for spring - which are your favs?

kittytokaren