Thursday, May 13, 2010

MAC Blue India

I'm usually not one to run after these make up counter polish releases. If I happen to be at the mall, I'll stop by to look at the polish and not end up buying it because of the price tag or possible dupes or bad reviews I've read about the quality. The only thing I bought that was released as a limited collection from MAC was back when they had Hello Kitty, I bought a lip balm thingie (don't even know what it's called lol). But recently I've found myself lemming the grey from that collection, On the Prowl.. The thing about MAC collections is that they sell out amazingly fast and once they're gone, they're gone unless you live near a CCO or buy from a third party online. I knew MAC fanatics and NP addicts went gaga over this shade so I decided to give it a chance when I was at the mall last month, since I've really been feeling all these dusty shades. I was suprised when the SA said they still had some available since the collection had already been out for a week or so when I stopped by to look at it. First of all, the packaging for this is so so cute! The box alone made me giddy when the SA took it out for me. A little birdie!


Direct sunlight


Indirect natural light

Different lightings made this shade look more teal and then more dusty in others.. weird! Or maybe I'm just imagining it.... The thing that suprised me about this polish is the pigmentation and formula. I've read so many complaints about MAC formula being runny and difficult to use. This wasn't the case at all! It was really easy to control and only took two coats! :) I am very pleased with my first nail polish from MAC and will definitely give the future collections a chance before letting them pass by.


Did anyone else nab this polish besides Flinty and myself? Let me know what you think about MAC nail polish!