Monday, May 3, 2010

A pick-me-up polish! OPI DS Glow

I was trying to wait for a really sunny day to show this polish off to its full potential, but it looks like its going to be overcast and stormy for a while, and I am in the mood to change my mani! So here are some pics I took of OPI DS Glow on a semi-sunny day.

This one is probably the closest to how it appears in reality:



Looking a lot more dull and pulling way orange in this terrible lighting:



Side shot to capture some of that delicious shimmer:



This polish really helped to cheer me up! On me it's a cross between a copper foil, gold foil and lots of shimmer thrown in. The shimmer makes it really multi-dimensional - it seems to be made up of gold, red and copper shimmer particles. Now this may look like a glitter, but it isn't! (Read: it is way easier to remove!) I can never seem to pull off golds, but somehow this copper-ish hue really works with my skin tone - better in reality than in the pictures. I think it might be because the colour is deeper and richer than most golds that I've tried. Normally I wouldn't be able to pull off something so outrageously sparkly, but I think since it is in a neutral colour and goes with everything from black to turquoise, I can handle it.

Oh and once again - the DS formula is amazing. So easy to apply, and there is something just so special and unique about these polishes. I know, I know - many were disappointed that the two newest additions to the DS series were not holo, but I happen to love these the most! (You will probably be seeing DS Glow's partner-in-crime DS Mystery soon!)

Looking down at my hands as this beautiful polish flashed at me while I furiously typed my thesis proposal gave me a little bit of a much-needed pick-me-up! (And thank you for everyone who lent me kind words of support in this endeavor!)

What is your favourite polish when you need a boost??

kittytokaren