Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Dusty" hunt success! Essie Starry Starry Night

The salon I found Essie Starry Starry Night in was actually a pretty fancy place (with bowls instead of jets for pedis, which I prefer). A year and a half ago, I got a pedi there with Essie SSN and I had asked a manicurist if I could purchase the polish. Please. Pretty please. Nope.

Fast forward a year and a half later, I find myself in the same neighborhood and having gone through 25+ dusties in three states in the last month to find SSN (as well as other HTFs)... I decided to go back to that salon -- the only place I had ever seen it -- just in case it was still there. And it was! I found a different manicurist to talk to... and I might have begged just a little.

She sold it to me for $5! (She also called it a "frost" but whatever.)

Some iPhone pics before I do a mani with it:


(I have on Street Wear Grass Stain and it's awesome though my nails are far from that right now.)


I am soooooooo happy that I found it. It had been near the top of my lemming list for such a long time and I had despaired of ever getting my hands on it. I can't believe my incredible luck.


And now for a lobster dinner to celebrate my SO's last day of work... for like half a decade. (He's starting a PhD program this fall.) Mmm, nothing like fresh lobster!!