Thursday, July 29, 2010

OPI Swiss: Swatches & Comps (my picks!)

Admittedly, I went a little overboard. Initially I was only going to get Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous (*hate* that name...) from the OPI Swiss Collection, but then I wanted the gold because I love gold polishes, and the green would be unique to me, and the cremes were so pretty and and and....Result? I ended up placing my first (and last!! I swear!!) order from Transdesign. I'm usually a "buy one bottle at a time" kinda gal, which renders e-tailers useless as shipping charges are too high to justify. Plus, I like seeing them in person first. :)

The upside - I'm going to swatch all of the ones I chose for you, and do some comps that I myself was curious about. Let's get down to business!

Bottle shots! L-R: Glitzerland, Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous, Ski Teal We Drop, Cuckoo For This Color, William Tell Me About OPI



Glitzerland - compared with Dazzled by Gold (middle), I Get A Kick Out of Gold! (index)


Glitzerland is the least 'gold' out of all three - it's more gold than it appears in these pics though, just because its next to such yellow gold polishes - it is a very wearable champagne hue, but has a very similar finish to I Get A Kick Out of Gold! - a finish I love! If IGAKOoG (rightttt...) is too yellow for you, which I believe it is for me, Glitzerland might be up your alley. But for those of you hoping to get rid of your Dazzled by Gold lemming with this - to me it's not even close. DbG is something else entirely.


Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous - compared with Brand New Skates (middle)


I think OPI knocked this one out of the park!!! It's moody, sparkly, almost-foi,l, cool-toned pewter shade. In the bottle you can see a titch of green pigment, but on the nail it just comes across as rich. I don't even know what to say besides I love it. Compared to BNS, it is much more sparkly and has a different finish than BNS, which is more of a 'regular' shimmer. BNS is also more blue-toned. Despite it's truly asinine name, Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous is my favourite of this collection!


Ski Teal We Drop - compared to RBL Teal (middle)


I expected these to be a lot different than they actually are. In the bottle (and swatched on tape), the OPI looks decidedly lighter, but on the nail (well my nail at least - maybe my nailbeds are a weird colour?), I can't tell the difference! Only a discerning eye would catch that RBL Teal is a hair darker and a hair greener than OPI Ski Teal We Drop. Beautiful cream formula, but a 2-coater to RBL's 1.


Cuckoo For This Color


No comps for this as I have nothing like it in my collection! It is a lot greener and more vibrant than I expected - some how I expected this to be an almost-black with teal/green shimmer. The base is certainly green, and the whole package comes off slightly teal-ish. This might be too green for me? I'm not sure about it...


William Tell Me About OPI


This one I am sure about. William Tell Me About OPI is a ridiculously shiny, delicious, deep eggplant. It is everything I wanted Lincoln Park After Dark to be (and it wasn't...)! Certainly dries darker than the bottle shade, but it is truly luscious!


I think my must-haves of the bunch for me are Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous (as I predicted) and William Tell Me About OPI (I can't resist a good vampy - and this one is *really* good). What are your picks from the Swiss collection? From what I've heard, people either love this collection or don't care for even a one - what's your stance? Are you looking forward to any upcoming collections?

kittytokaren