Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sally Hansen Pacific Blue

I have a huge soft spot in my heart for periwinkle blues after a love affair I had with a mock turtleneck shirt that I wore TO DEATH in seventh grade. I was an awkward 13-year-old to say the least, with a curly afro that no one should have let me cut short and a purple eye shadow addiction that still forces me to shudder when I think about it. That periwinkle blue shirt made me feel like a semi-acceptable teenager, and it was mostly due to the color – I just loved it, and that color still makes me giddy.


Enter stage left: an illness last February. Upon being driven to Walgreens to pick up more medication, I decided that Sally Hansen Pacific Blue would make me feel better more than any pain killer, and don’t even think for a second that you haven’t thought the same thing with some polish in your not-so-distant past. Pacific Blue would heal in a way that pharmaceuticals could not, I was sure.


Sally Hansen - Pacific Blue (indoors)


And heal me, it did!





Sally Hansen - Pacific Blue (shade)




Sally Hansen - Pacific Blue (sun)




How could you not smile at your tips in a color like this bad boy? It’s blue heaven, my friends. Don’t get me wrong, the medication probably had something to do with it as well, but I’m sure the blue HELPED.



Now I’ve heard some people have some qualms with the thickness of the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Brush and the height of the bottle, but I don’t have too much of a problem with it. This is the only Xtreme Wear polish that I own, so perhaps it’s just my Xtreme Love of this color that overshadows it. I don’t know, I’ll have to buy another color of this brand and test that theory - twist my arm, why don’t you. Does anyone know of a Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear that I just *have* to have?

SIDE NOTE: Upon removal of this polish, I did notice some staining on my nails, so be sure to double up on the base coat to avoid nails that make you look as if you are suffering from hypothermia.


Happy day, all!