Monday, August 16, 2010

Anna Sui #606

Yup. In Chicago. Giving a talk today. Eep. Eep. Eep. Eep. Eep.

Anyway.

I was overjoyed to see that Urban Outfitters started carrying Anna Sui polishes online. I've been looking for a reliable place to order Anna Sui polishes from for years now. Some people are turned off by it but I really do enjoy the candy rose scent the nail polish dries down to: it lasts for days.

Anna Sui #606

Unfortunately, my enthusiasm for these polishes were dampened by the fact that I did not really enjoy any of the three polishes I ordered. For $15+shipping, it's in the category of, "It had better be phenomenal or I'll be pissed." And because they were not phenomenal... Anyway. Anna Sui #606 is a bright orange jelly with sparse multisized gold glitter. I like the color. I like the glitter. I like the combination of the color and the glitter. And, of course, I love the candy rose scent. And I love the rose-shaped bottle! BUT... four coats and still not opaque? And then took forever to dry (with Gelous bc and Diamont tc). Which then meant my nails got ruined when, two hours later, I continued work on a decoupaging project (a birthday gift for my SO several weeks ago -- he's a great cook so I made him a recipe binder).