Monday, August 30, 2010

Claire's Flirty/Shy

I will fall for every gimmick you throw at me. A bagel slicer that takes up my entire counter-top? Sure. A giant food dehydrator when I don't even like dried fruit? Why not!


Hence, the mood polishes. I thought from the get-go that the mood polish series from Claire's would be yet another gimmick I fell for and it would be a miserable experience; happily, though, I have to say that I think I may have been incorrect!

This is my most recent acquisition of the collection, Flirty/Shy... it's an indigo/purple creme polish when cool and an azure blue when warm. I've heard a little scuttle about the ability of these polishes to change color, and I hate to say this, but I think I must have a perfectly balanced body temperature for these! Most of the time, my body must hover in the half warm/half cool state, so it looks as if I am rocking a pretty sweet gradient manicure. Score!

As for the wear, this is where these polishes fall flat. By the end of the first day of wear I was missing more than one ENTIRE nail of polish, which is something that never happens to me. I understand that you often have to trade something in for a good gimmick, but ONE DAY? Have you guys had pretty good luck with these polishes?

Happy day, all!