Sunday, August 8, 2010

Essence - Everybody's Talking About : A Math Problem!

Two coats of Essence chic berry pink polish Everybody's Talking About (which I was prepared to find incredibly boring but was shocked that I loved) -


... plus one coat of Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure (which I am still so-so about, even though everyone else seems to crave it like I crave Cadbury Eggs) ...


... plus one coat of Essie Matte About You, and VOILA!


What it added up to was a manicure that I absolutely LOVED! The final result was a smoldering fire-like effect that I couldn't take my eyes off of; it really was pretty captivating. I'm telling you, I enjoy these flakie polishes like Hidden Treasure on their own, but slap a matte top coat on them and these babies just shine.

Also, on a side note, this manicure lasted forever, which was a total bonus.

I do have a question, though; what's the big draw of Hidden Treasure? Aren't all of the flaky Nfu Ohs basically the same as this polish but in different hues? Is it just the fact that they were sold as Walgreens and you didn't have to sell a kidney to cover the cost of shipping? Could I ask any more questions?

Okay, one more - what layered looks have you tried that have added up to success?

Happy day, all!