Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Travel haul!

The conference ends in a few hours and then I am off to the airport for the flight home.

It has been such an exciting few days for me! Thanks all for the well wishes in the last few days: I haven't been able to respond to any comments since I got here -- my only Internet access is my iphone and it hates the comments page -- but I have been reading them.

The talk went decently well. I wish more people had shown up and had asked more interesting questions. But I didn't, like, fall off the stage or anything so... it's all good. But what was really, really exciting is that when I opened up the conference program on Monday, I saw that I had won the award for best graduate student research! Eee!! I was in absolute shock.

And because they gave me $150 as a prize, I spent $53 on the following goodies at Ulta:


Piggy Polish Daylily's and Music (is this a reference to something because the apostrophe is odd?)


Butter London Victoriana, Marrow and Bumster. And because I bought the Butter London polishes, I got these free:


Emery board and Butter London matte topcoat.

Anyway, I should get back to the conference. And then fly my way home. :)