Thursday, September 30, 2010

Glitter Grows Up - OPI Holiday Glow

First of all - WOW!! Almost 1000 followers!! I think I speak for all of the PoP ladies when I say thank you - I never really thought we'd have such a large/active reader base! I really appreciate and enjoy all of your comments - that's what makes this blog so fun. :)

Today I'm going to show you what is probably my favourite glitter polish. You might be thinking "kittytokaren doesn't wear glitter...she must have inhaled too many fumes or completely lost it due to 5th-year-grad-student-syndrome". While both these things may or may not be true, I generally don't 'do' glitter - nothing personal against it, I just never feel like I can pull it off - it's just not 'me'. But this glitter is very me! From the OPI Holiday Wishes collection released last fall - I give you OPI Holiday Glow!

Classic pose:


You can see my super nubbins and the glitter well from this angle:


See how the pink microshimmer gives it a rosy glow sometimes?:


I know Burlesque is coming out and everyone is super hyped about it, but last years Holiday collection hit all of the right buttons for me and I keep going back to those polishes. This is no exception. While I usually find glitter to be OTT (over the top) and too flashy for my fairly low-key life & style, this one has a rather elegant spirit to it. The base is a brown with a dash of eggplant - the silver glitter looks like sugar crystals mixed in, while the pink microshimmer rounds it out and gives it a more sophisticated, complex finish.

I really like this for when I feel like I need a little extra sparkle - I feel like it's subdued enough for work - but interesting and glamourous enough to add a little oomph to my life. I think it fits in perfectly with my 'style'. :)

What's your favourite glitter polish?

kittytokaren

P.S. Sad admission - I initially bought this last year when I read in a magazine that Kim Kardashian liked it. Oi. Apparently my mother read the same article because she stole it and I had to swap desperately to get it back in my life!