Thursday, October 21, 2010

Swapper's Remorse...Redeemed! - OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees

Those who know me best know that I'm a chronic purger - everything from polish & make-up to pots & pans. I don't keep clothes if I don't wear them in 12 months (cocktail and gala dresses being the exception), I don't keep things I don't use or need, I don't hoard, I don't collect.

Swapper's remorse is an odd thing - a special kind of regret that comes from trading a polish away...and then realizing that it's the perfect polish for that very moment and nothing else will do! You'd think after all my purging and swapping that I would have experienced this by now, but this was my first serious case of swapper's remorse!

I swapped away OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees a while back. For what reason I don't know. And then I wanted it back in my life in a very bad way...luckily the beautiful thing that is swapping brought back to me what I had lost! I was able to get my hands on it again and I put it on immediately:


I thought it looked pretty cool with my Pradman onyx ring (You can buy them HERE - I have a bunch! Love!), so I put my fears aside to show you a full hand pic!


Ahhhh embarassing to show you my whole hand...it feels weird. My nails are quite "long" (for me) here, but I didn't bother cutting them down - I was just so desperate to put on SSitP!

The colour of this one is a dark, smoky grey with a blue undertone that verges on the cusp of being black. It also has one of the more interesting textures I've seen - the same consistency of Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow from the same collection. It's jelly-ish, but in the first layer you can see that it's kind of...grainy? I'm not sure how to define it, but it's not rough at all and the final result isn't splotchy or anything. To be honest I really like it! I'd like more polishes with this consistency.

Have you ever had swapper's/purger's remorse??? Were you able to get the polish back?

kittytokaren