Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Sultry Season - Essie Going Incognito

Today I have another polish from the Essie Winter collection this year - a collection that grew on me and now I own all but one!! (See my posts on Hot Coco, Smokin' Hot, and Masquerade Belle - which I have now grown to love.) Going Incognito is a rich and sexy green - it's like OPI Jade is the New Black's chic-er older sister.


For some reason this polish is giving me a real 1920s vibe. I know that people in the 1920s didn't wear green polish, but somehow this colour evokes a certain sensibility - one that makes me feel like the frivolous and decadent Daisy in the Great Gatsby - sultry, yet playful.

And again, it feels spot-on for the season...it's a good time to feel sultry!

Has a polish collection ever grown on you so that you ended up collecting them instead of buying them all outright? I'm usually so good with knowing what I like, but Essie Winter got me somehow!

kittytokaren