Sunday, January 2, 2011

A 007 New Year's!

HAPPY 2011 EVERYONE! I hope that all of you have a fantastic year with great successes, happy memories, and a few surprises! Eleven is a lucky number for me (along with 13 and 26) so my fingers are crossed that this will be a wonderful year!

New Years is always a big holiday for me and the hubs - we consider it an anniversary of sorts. We love dressing up and going all out! This year we decided to go to a James Bond themed New Years party in DC with lots of friends - and I had so much fun putting together my outfit! I wore a long navy blue gown with a jeweled neckline, and my most important accessory - a *gorgeous* blonde (faux) fur jacket/capelet. Trust me...it looks really expensive, and definitely put my outfit in the correct genre! Plus, it kept me warm through all the cab rides, standing outside, and even at dinner. LOVE. (I am going to have to find myriad excuses to wear this. Maybe I'll just show up to lab wearing it. Yes. That will confuse my PI.)

I went with a dark blue smoky eye using the Urban Decay "The Black Palette" for make-up and decided to do a dark red mani. I thought it would be on-theme and would fit with the elegant/slightly vintage vibe I was trying to pull - so I chose Essie Bordeaux! I know you've seen it before, but in this year of trying so many reds (and failing!), it seems only fitting that I say goodbye to 2010 sporting one of my few red successes.

Here is Essie Bordeaux!

(Faux fur jacket/capelet by INC at Macy's here, Cocktail ring by Ann Taylor here.)


What did you do for New Years? Do you like to celebrate or do you keep it low-key? Did you do a special NYE manicure?? Let me know! I'd love to hear how everyone rang in 2011!

kittytokaren