Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Drugstore Hunting - Essie Mochacino

Today I have another retail-exclusive Essie for you - the elusive Mochacino! Essies have started showing up at Walgreens/CVS/Rite-Aid/Walmart locations all over now, so keep your eyes peeled! I had to hunt this one down fairly intensively because stores were still busy stocking their shelves.


Like some of its other retail-only friends - Dive Bar and Master Plan - Mochacino doesn't disappoint. It's a medium taupe with a helping of silver shimmer - it looks like sugar! This taupe has quite a bit more grey in it than Mink Muffs or Hot Coco - much more concrete than chocolate. Application was fabulous, and I believe this was two coats.

I think this colour is pretty unique and special. A lot of taupes have come on the market in recent years, but I can't recall one with this kind of shimmer. My taupe arsenal is pretty huge, but I'm happy to add this little soldier to the bunch.

Have you gone hunting for Essies yet? Any favourites?

kittytokaren