Wednesday, March 2, 2011

China Glaze Sea Spray and Life Preserver (Anchors Away, Spring 2011)

Life Preserver
I usually am pretty indecisive when it comes to what nail polish to wear next as an NOTD -- it happens when you literally have hundreds of untrieds -- so I sometimes ask my SO to either specify a color or to pick out a nail polish out of the line-up. Here, I handed him the entire Anchors Away collection and asked him to choose. And when he chose Life Preserver, I winced. I really, truly winced. A coral-leaning burnt orange that looks kind of dull in the bottle... usually not a good color for me. At all. Anything with any hint of coral = generally not good for flinty. So I was REALLY surprised that it turned out so nicely that I didn't want to take it off for three days. It's definitely more vibrant outside than in and my skintone does emphasize the coral a bit more... but it actually works! Also, good formula. Above is two coats on Day 2 of wear.

Sea Spray

Everyone's seen this one all over the internet. But I'm showing it again. Because it's just beautiful. It looks like a grey-leaning light blue creme indoors but outdoors, the secret pearly shimmer comes out to play. Also another great polish in terms of application: perfect in two coats. This photo was taken on the fourth day of wear: definitely some chippage and tipwear but intact and still so pretty.

(These polishes were sent to me by China Glaze.)