Saturday, March 5, 2011

J. Crew FTW - Essie Milky Way

I am such an Essie fanatic - I will go wherever, whenever I have to for new Essies! And a neutral creme?! I'm there. I caught wind of Essie Milky Way in some strange corner of the internet that I can't quite recall - a blog post, a tweet, a random image? Either way, I knew I had to have it!

So off to J. Crew I went - because this puppy is a J. Crew exclusive! J. Crew has sold Essie polishes for a while now, but they've always been pre-existing colours. The lovely people at J. Crew would pick a few to coordinate with their current collection - they even had mini packs of their 4 picks! But now the collaboration seems to have gone ever further, and J. Crew has two exclusive colours out for the first time ever - Peepshow (a bright coral - reminds me of One of a Kind or Cute as a Button maybe?) and Milky Way (my new favourite). See them on their site here.

Milky Way...


A quick shot from the lab...


And I thought you might be interested in the label!


I've completely fallen for this gorgeous camel colour. I wasn't sure about it initially, but it totally grew on me and now I'm head-over-heels. I wore it for 5 days and it wore just as well as my HG polish for wear, Essie Mink Muffs. Like non-stick coating on a pan! I really can't tell you how much I loved wearing this. I was sad to take it off after 5 days! It felt so chic. It reminded me of toffee and my mother's camel coat and went beautifully with everything I wore. Needless to say, I highly recommend you check it out!

It reminds me of OPI San Tan-tonio, but I don't have that to compare. The OPI seems a bit yellower?

Will you be checking out the J Crew exclusives? I'm going to have my eyes peeled for their next seasons offerings!

kittytokaren