Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lovely, dark and deep - OPI Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow

A little something green for St. Patrick's Day!

Deepest, darkest dark green - with the most interesting texture! (Just like Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees.)

Flash:

No flash:

Sometimes you just want something dark and vampy that *isn't* burgundy/wine/dark red/plum. And this fits the bill perfectly. Plus I'm a total sucker for the pseudo-jelly-speckly formula. I just love it and I don't even know why!

This reminds me of running around in the woods late at night when I was a kid. I was never scared because I knew the woods so well - every tree, every little hill, every turn. Dark and mysterious, but familiar and comforting all at the same time. It's actually amazing how the colour of this polish evokes these memories to me. I can almost smell the air...clean and fragrant, but laced with the scent of pond water. I miss home so much it hurts sometimes.

Do you have a polish that reminds you of home or a specific childhood memory?

kittytokaren