Tuesday, April 19, 2011

OPI Let Them Eat Rice Cake

OMG you guys, I'm in LOVE with this blog - Spaz & Squee. I always lusted after Cilucia's swatches on MUA's NB and it finally occurred to me to ask her if she had a blog. She does! And she's been doing it for almost a year now! She's a photography genius and has a trick to diffuse a camera's flash with a plastic bag.

Her swatches are flawless and she made me lemm the hell out of Let Them Eat Rice Cake (OPI Japan Collex).

I bought it and while it doesn't look quite as good on me as her, I'm still happy I have it.



(3 coats - photo taken with plastic bag diffuser. Not bad right?)

This color is not quite right on me. An uber-soft baby pink with a touch beige. But I still like it lots. It's actually very similar to Essie Pound Cake, which I showed you a few weeks ago. Pound Cake has a bit more brown in it though, which makes it work better with my coloring.

Formula was not good. It needs at least 3 coats to eliminate the streaks and it doesn't dry well at all.