Saturday, May 14, 2011

Winning Duo - OPI Spark de Triomphe + White Shatter

OPI Spark de Triomphe and White Shatter are two polishes newly introduced in one of the Serena Glam Slam duos released for the French Open. (Spark de Triomphe...get it? *eyeroll*)

Spark de Triomphe deserves kudos for being amazing all on its own! It's a gorgeous combination of gold and silver that needs to be seen in person to be fully appreciated, but here it is...


It's packed with different sizes of glitter...


My favourite are the larger discs of glitter that seem to sit on top of the polish - it looks completely jewel-encrusted...


When I initially purchased the duo, I fully intended to swap or give away White Shatter, but I tried it for fun and ended up really loving it!!


Spark de Triomphe peeks through the cracks - so when you coat your nails in a couple layers of topcoat, the end result looks like an opaque white stone with veins of gold sparkle running through it - a gorgeous gemstone.


This duo is a total game-set-match style win for me! (Maybe it will be for Serena as well?) I expect that Spark de Triomphe will be on my toes many times this summer...and maybe even on my tips if I need a glittery pick-me-up! And now that I know I actually *like* the White Shatter, I'm excited to try it over some pastels.

What are your thoughts on the Serena French Open duos? Are you planning to pick any of them up?

kittytokaren