Saturday, June 4, 2011

Butter London Henley Regatta

Butter London Henley Regatta is a gorgeous blue/green sparse glitter. It does nothing fancy - no holo, no multi-size glitter, and it's only two colours - but it is stunning nonetheless and so sparkly it practically goes *ping!* when the light hits it. Behold:

This has many many pros:
  1. Just look at it! I spent ages twirling my hands and going 'ooh'.
  2. Dries faster than I can say 'where's my topcoat'
  3. Wears like iron (I took it off 8 days later with only tip wear)
  4. Totally smooth with one coat of Seche Vite - you wouldn't know you were wearing glitter.
On the other hand,
  1. Removal is a bitch, as you might expect
  2. It's sparse, so requires at least three coats. I popped it on over my existing mani (BL Thames, which itself is sheer) so I had 9 coats in all. My nails were about an inch thick.
  3. I failed my driving test while wearing it. (I blame the sparkliness for distracting me - definitely not my own fault for not indicating to move off, oh no).


Have another one for good measure. As an aside, the wear time is so awesome that I couldn't be bothered to take it off before the big conference I had to go to last week. So I rocked sparkly turquoise nails with my black suit in order to deliver a paper on public administration. The panel head said my nails were amazing (never mind the paper), so clearly a good choice if it took her attention off how nervous I was!