Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blank Canvas - OPI Alpine Snow

I just went through a lot of upheaval in my life. I did something I've done more times than I can count, but somehow I forgot how painful it was - I MOVED.

My body is covered in bruises from building things. My nails are *extremely* battered, and I haven't worn make-up properly in 2 weeks. So now, on my first day back in the "real world" of non-sweaty grown-ups, I needed...*needed*... to do a mani.

I chose OPI Alpine Snow - a blank canvas to start this new chapter in my life. Check it out in front of my new green lawn!


I'm not typically one to go to a stark white mani, but wow, am I loving this!! It feels so fresh and clean for summer, and looks fab with my white ceramic Swatch watch. (However, it does make me want a Michael Kors white watch...the one with gold and the polyurethane band...yes, I definitely have a watch problem.)

It's scary to have such a big change in your life. Even though my job, and even my general location, hasn't changed, it feels like my whole life is kind of up in the air now. I've moved a gazillion times in my life, but I've never been good at it. Hopefully this blank canvas will allow me to see the opportunities of my new situation as opposed to the obstacles.

Any of you doing any blank canvas or cleansing manis lately? Why did you need to clean the slate and what did you use?

kittytokaren