Sunday, October 2, 2011

Vamps for October: OPI tease-y does it


God, I LOVE October. I can finally wear my (extensive) collection of coats and boots! I'm pulling in teaching money! My supervisor isn't abroad! Life is good. And after ruining my nails decorating I've been taking the opportunity to file them down and pull out the vamps. I don't like wearing dark colours when my nails are long because it makes me feel like a try-hard. But I love them on shorties, and October is the perfect season to start wearing them!




So first up, OPI tease-y does it from Burlesque. I was never really sold on this colour, but everyone went so cuckoo over it that I had to see what all the fuss was about it. I can understand it but I don't fully share it. This is two easy coats, with a finished result that looks like a dark blackberry colour with fuchsia flaky glitter. But I kind of hoped that it would all be a little more...va-va voom than it is. It's pretty, very work appropriate, and subtle. What can I say, I'm bad at subtle! It chipped the next day though, so as much as I liked the respectability of it, chipped dark polish isn't so great.